Position Filled: Automation Project Engineer
POSITION FILLED - We are looking for a passionate Automation Project Engineer to join our team!
Automation Project Engineer
Custom Automation Australia is seeking an experienced Automation Project Engineer to develop, lead and deliver new and existing projects.
The Automation Project Engineer is an integral part of the engineering and development team and will be responsible for executing a broad range of varied projects.
The ideal candidate can execute a variety of engineering, robotic, process, and material handling projects. Must be knowledgeable of and apply operational and technical maturity of industry best practices. Safety and quality of the personnel, equipment, methods, and processes must be pushed to theoretical limits while maintaining absolute control over variation.
The right individual will be an engineer capable of handling multiple responsibilities, driving progress on projects while managing obstacles and make calculated decision based on incomplete data sets.
- Drive projects in support of business, safety, and operational objectives
- Oversee the installation of major capital equipment projects
- Work collaboratively with operations, engineering and managers to set goals and track deliverables.
- Provide clear input to the management team on schedules, issues, and deliverables.
- Work with established programming standards for PLC and automated systems
- Oversee maintenance, electrical and PLC projects, verify proper documentation
- Plan and manage supplier and equipment buyoffs
- Conduct risk assessments and implement finding
- HMI programming and system development
- Generate, develop electrical drawings. Buyoff on electrical drawings from contractors
- Ensure proper stakeholder management, communications, and escalation for all facets of various scale projects
- 5+ years of extensive experience with industrial equipment controls, interfaces, and communication protocols. Prefer exposure to automated assembly environments
- Familiarity with mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, and software development process.
- Proven team player, skilled at partnering with development engineers, project managers, and technicians across various career trajectories.
- Must be proficient in PLC programming, troubleshooting, and configuration.
- Experience with various Allen-Bradley platforms is highly desirable.
- Experience with complex servo motion control systems, integrated into PLC / Robot controls
- Experience with machine safety systems design, operation, and regulatory compliance
- Previous experience / fluency with one or more of the following programs / software systems is a plus:
- Kepware, Siemens PLC, Rockwell PLC, VBasic, C++
- Experience with CAD is essential
- Perfer Auto CAD, Eplan
- HMI programming skills, including; Design / Build, Troubleshooting & Modification
- Experience with robot programming, backup and restoration
- Experience creating various reports and database tools for management
- Good overall computer skills, including Microsoft Office and e-mail programs.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience in Materials Handling and Food and Beverage is highly desired.
- Solid experience in developing electrical schematics.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
If you have the relevant experience and wish to join a dynamic team, then this is the opportunity for you.
Please contact Nadia Rose at firstname.lastname@example.org, 9358 4217